The Hyper Pod is an intuitive design which was developed to enhance the capabilities of the well-known Bi-Pod. The Hyper Pod, simply and silently hyper extends the bi pod from the rifle giving it an easy automatic raising and lowering capability, and solves any limitations the bi pod is presented with when in tough and rugged terrain. While in a hunting situation, particularly in mountainous regions, a bi pod can be rendered useless while attempting to take a difficult shot in a difficult position. In some situations a shooter is forced to take a long distance shot free handed, which is in most cases near impossible to make a clean kill during the attempt. Also, due to an easy elevation system, the shooter does not need to take his/her eyes of the target while adjusting the height.
Uses of the Hyper Pod:
Advantages of the Hyper Pod
- Enhanced shooting positions. Some positions a shooter will encounter where a standard bi pod cannot be used are:
a) On a steep slope where a shot needs to be taken across the valley. The ground falls away and thus gives a shooter nothing to rest on
b) On a flat surface where a shot needs to be taken at an elevated target in the slopes
c) On a fallen tree, used as a bench, the shot may need to be taken at a decline or incline
d) In grassy fields, the elevation is required to clear the grass to get a clear line of site, the Hyper Pod is rested off the knee
e) Compatible with lights, other Bi Pods, and other weaver mounted devices. The Hyper Pod offers a unique mounting weaver rail that is solid and reliable which can be used for other devices
- Consistent Accuracy. The position in which the rifle is supported encourages consistency due to the floating nature of how the rifle is rested. Natural recoil is allowed to occur normally without experiencing muzzle blast deviation
- Silent adjustability will not give away your position while setting up your shot
- Enhanced Portability, the Hyper-Pod allows a gun sling to be used as normal, it does not get in the way, it is light, and it tucks in under the arm quite conveniently when not in use. The clever quick release and weaver design makes it easy to apply and remove when required
- Fast and smooth elevation adjustments are done without losing sight of the acquired target
- The structure being made predominantly of alloy is not only lightweight but also corrosion proof
Hyper Pod comes with:
Technical Features: Note: Eagleye has supplied two common screws for the weaver rail, which match a wide range of rifles. There are hundreds of types of screws and sizes, we cannot supply one for all. If one of the screws do not match the rifle please try to source a matching screw that suits your rifle, or contact us or your local gun shop to see if we can help.
The Hyper - Pod is made of lightweight aluminium. It weighs less than 500 grams in total with supplied bi pod attached. A supplied weaver rail is fastened on the gun sling anchor screw. It is equipped with a quick release weaver clamp which fastens to the fore end weaver rail. There are two main support bars that protrude from the clamp which connects a second weaver rail on the base. They are designed to swivel on an axle type fastener with nylon bushing for smooth action. They can be tightened for more weight bearing capacity. A third bar, the control bar, also joins the upper and lower rail and clamp in an offset position, which keeps the upper and lower clamps parallel from a vertical position to a rear position. A bi pod is then mounted to the Hyper-Pod base.